If you have an iCloud account on your iPhone, it must have a copy of all the phone’s data and apps. So, that is why you can move all of the data and apps to another phone easily. Actually, there are two ways to move it into your new phone which are by restoring a backup or syncing your iCloud account. Well, here is the iPhone 12 user guide to restoring from an iCloud account. The things you have to remember that you can only apply these ways to your phone if you have an iCloud backup.
Two Ways to Restore an iCloud Backup to iPhone 12 user manual
- How to Restore an iCloud Backup to an iPhone
The first thing you will see on the screen when you turn on your iPhone, you will find the Setup Wizard. It means that your phone ready to use. If you want to set up all of the data restored from your iCloud account. Then just follow the steps below!
- First, you have to press the “Home” button that is located under the screen. Then, pick the “Language” to use on your phone.
- Second, select the option of the “Country or Region” you are in.
- Then, tap “Set up Manually”. (Remember, when you got an iPhone that is running for iOS 11, just set it up automatically).
- Next, you can pick the home’s Wi-Fi network. To get the phone set up, you have to use your mobile connection. But, it may be downloading a lot of data and also got expensive enough.
- After that, please type the “Wi-Fi Password” and click “Join”. If you found a tick beside the network name, then the phone has already connected. Then, tap to “Next” icon.
- For the next, you can tap the Apple’s Fingerprint Touch ID to unlock your phone and make purchases. Besides, you can set it up if you like. However, the Apple will cover it in the detail further down. So, for your best just tap on “Set up Touch ID Later”.
- But, if want to skip the past Touch ID, you have to confirm it by tapping on “Don’t Use”. (You can set it up later).
- Then, in order to protect your iPhone, you can enter the passcode. Please, type your passcode and type it again if there is a request. In entering the passcode, you can sign the standard passcode that has a 6 digit of the number.
- If you have done, the tap on the “Passcode Option” icon to change it into:
Custome Alphanumeric Code (a password that has got letter and numbers in. Custome Numeric Code (a password that is just number) is 4 Digit Numeric Code (a normal PIN Number).
- Next, type the “Apple ID and the password” of yours. If you forget it, tap on the “Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it”. It will recover it. After that, please tap “Continue”.
- In this part, there will be a request that you have to give the phone a moment to get settings update. Then, you must agree on the terms and conditions. If you want to read it, you can click on the links and tap on “Agree”.
- After that, you can select the latest backup data to restore the settings, apps, and data from the last time you use your phone.
- Then, please tap on “Enable Location Service” or choose to “Disable”. Your iPhone needs it to use location services. Do not forget to tap on “Continue” to set up the Siri which is Apple’s Virtual Assistant. But, if you want to skip it, just click on “Set up Later in Settings”.
- If you find the notification that your Apple use of diagnostic and usage data from your iPhone, you must tap on “Continue”.
- Then, to share the feedback, you can click on the icon “Share with App Developers”. If you do not want it, then just tap on “Don’t Share”.
After you have done, then it means your phone’s set up is ready to use. The iPhone 12 user manual guide to restore from iCloud might take a long time. The amount of stuff you have backed up becomes the reason for it.
How to Sync the iPhone with an iCloud
Here is the step how to sync your iPhone to your iCloud account, as follows:
- Firstly, you have to tap on the “Settings Menu” on your Home Screen.
- After that, just tap on “Sign in to your iPhone”. Then, please fill in your Apple ID and the password. If you have done, just tap “Sign it” icon that is located in the top-right. The iPhone will start to sign into iCloud.
- Next, you will get the Touch ID and the passcode. In next step, there will be a request for you to sign the passcode. It will take an extra bit of security for your iCloud account.
- After you sign the passcode, tap on “iCloud”. Then, you can turn on all of the things that you want to sync with iCloud.
Now, you have finished setting up the phone and you can start to use it. The iPhone 12 user manual guide to restore from iCloud account above can be your best guide.